Friday, March 6, 2009

Off hiatus

Okay, so I've been away for like a month, but that's okay. I just haven't felt like getting on the computer and blogging, as I really didn't have anything to say. But I do now :)

First off, I have been seriously slacking on my healthy habits. I haven't been drinking as much water and I have been skipping meals again, when it's clearly not beneficial for me to gain weight. I stay up way too late (like I am right now) and then don't eat before I go to class. For the past few weeks I've been eating only like once or twice a day. I don't really have an appetite, but that could be due to the fact that I'm not active. I'm trying to find a gym or something and my mom claims that she's going to get our YMCA membership back. I have a free session of personal training on Monday, and boy am I out of shape. Haven't exercised in months, except for like twice in February. I can't do conventional exercise. It's boring and I don't like it. No, I don't have an mp3 player and I refuse to get on that damn treadmill or elliptical machine. Yawn.....I'd rather be taking Zumba or Sculpt (strength and toning) classes at the Y.

Okay, so. About the hair. I got this new conditioner from Say Yes to Carrots and it is AWESOME! Makes my hair soft, me loves it :). I wanna try the shampoo, but I don't wanna give up my Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint. That stuff is the BOMB. But I hear its good to rotate your products sometimes. I am trying to fight my product-junkyism but sometimes conditioners call my name. I don't know if a lot of black people use it, but Herbal Essences has a new line called Hydralicious. Its hazard rating is a 5 out of 10 (moderate) on the Cosmetic Safety Database, so I'm not overly concerned. I would probably be using it just for co-washing and the scent anyway. I'm like a conditioner addict. I really only need one or two good shampoos but I can have a million conditioners.

Bottom line: I'm going to get back on the ball and continue eating healthy and finding a gym and all that good jazz. I just wish I had some more motivation or like a buddy, ya know? Maybe I will go to meetup.com and see if there's a group for that.

2 comments:

The Original Wombman said...

I often think a buddy would help me a lot too. But, alas, I don't have one. I end up giving myself lots of pep talks and visualizing what I want for my body and fitness goals . . . usually that works to motivate me. Didn't work this morning though . . . my knees hurt and I just was NOT in the mood to be jumping around.

You'll get back on the ball though. No worries. Glad you found a hair product that works well too.

hj45uyb4uy45yv3tv3wetfcv5j76 knn7 said...

i understand about sinking into bad habits. i want to drink more water but i end up putting ot off when i focus on it too much...i know its backwards but thats what happens.

a buddy qould be beneficial.