Saturday, January 10, 2009

I bought a juicer!

I wasn't really all that hungry yesterday, so for breakfast I had a multigrain bagel with some Earth Balance. To drink, I had a big glass of water. I probably could have drank some rice milk too, to get some added vitamins and stuff, but I guess I wasn't thinking about it. For a snack, I had an apple and Odwalla's green drink. For lunch/dinner (I woke up late so breakfast was at like.....3 or 4pm) I had a turkey sandwich with vegenaise, rice cheese, mustard, and jalapeƱos. Very delicious. With that I also had a big cup of water.

My sister made these really good-smelling teriyaki chicken wraps, topped with provolone cheese. OMG I wanted to eat one so bad but I couldn't. The teriyaki sauce had a bunch of sugar and hydrogenated oils, etc. So, thanks but no thanks.

Today I bought a Juiceman Jr from Wal-Mart. Hopefully, it does a decent job. It's not the Vita-Mix I want, but I can wait until I am more established to get one of those. Now I can get the veggies and fruits I desperately need everyday. I also bought some MSG-free seasonings so I can enjoy my food, yay! Me and my mom bought these flavored sea salts (which I believe are mostly natural). I know it's not like organic or anything like that, but I really don't plan on using that much.

Also, I am going to take Chi-Chi's advice and try some oatmeal or millet porridge for breakfast and maybe having a little cereal as a snack sometimes. The oats and grains would provide much of what I'm missing in my current diet. This is so exciting :)

I have some organic soy protein powder, I think I should drink some sometimes with my rice milk, maybe in between a meal or something like that. That should help me meet my protein requirements for the day.

::sigh:: This seems like a lot of work, but I think it's worth it. Once I find out what works for me, I'm sure it will get easier. My only concern is that I will probably have to cook more, because like I said, I live with my folks and I can't control what my mom cooks. I want to try and promote health in my house without being too instrusive. But, at the same time, I don't think she's really going to change. She's making fajitas tomorrow (and it's probably gonna be sooooo good), but I don't know if what she's using to season it has MSG or anything like that and I annoy her with all my questions LOL. So we shall see. If so, I will probably just have some tilapia and leftover brown rice for dinner.

I ned to go to bed, it's almost 6am. I'm going to set an alarm for 12 because I have to go to work and I would like to get something accomplished before then.

No comments: