Friday, January 9, 2009

Brown sugar?!

Yeah....I did not know brown sugar was refined. I guess no more TJ's Honey Nut O's for a while :(. Golden flax cereal it is. Oh well, I should have read the labels before I bought them. But then again, this whole "cutting refined sugars" thing was really random. I'm wondering if maybe I can just eat a little bit of the cereal and be fine. But I'm really not trying to eat a bunch of sugar like that. It says it has 10g of sugar per serving, which is 3/4 cup. What is the suggested maximum amount of sugar per serving?

I really don't wanna be super-paranoid about my food, but I do want to make sure I'm at least starting to go about this the right way. I would appreciate anyone's input, thanks!

Wow, it's 3am, I need to go to bed.....

2 comments:

The Original Wombman said...

Cereal in and of itself is highly processed. I think of it as a treat not as a meal. Why don't you try making oatmeal or millet porridge in the morning? That way you can sweeten with fruit or pure maple syrup, i.e. control the type and amount of sugar you have.

Ms. Diddy said...

Chi-Chi, thanks for the advice, I am going to look up the millet porridge recipe as we speak. I think I'm also going to get some oatmeal. I want to try steel cut oats, but I just don't have time to do all that cooking, so I think I'll start off with rolled oats (not instant) and experiment later with the millet.